LOOK AT THESE THREE ILLUSTRATIONS FROM THE ETRUSCANS.
Based on what you already know about other civilizations, what can you determine about the Etruscans?
|1. Read the Richard Hooker essay under the
link, Etruscan 1. This gives you a good general background.
Consult Etruscan links 1, 2 and 3 for the following:
2. Where were the Etruscans before moving into Italy? Where did they settle in Italy?
3. What was their governmental structure? What were several of the most important cities?
4. Who farmed for the Etruscans?
5. What did the Etruscans then do?
6. What was the origin of the Etruscan alphabet and religion?
7. Who was Tarquinius? Who defeated his army? Why was this important to the history of Rome?
8. What was the political relations between the Etruscans and Rome?
Go to The Etruscans. This is an easy and not very scholastic site but you can still get information from it. Go on the tours of the three cities and take notes. Then go to the Museum and go through the various parts and take notes.
Read the two primary documents about the Etruscans. What do you think the Roman attitude was toward the Etruscans based on these two readings?